Cockroaches are unsanitary and appalling creatures which can invade your home easily in search of food and water. These pesky creatures are nocturnal and can easily hide and often escape detection. If you are planning to shift to a new house, you make sure that these unwanted guests don’t come with you. Hence, you need to take special care of everything. You can consult with a pest control brampton services who will help you in controlling cockroaches in your present and will ensure you these creatures will not move with you.
Some Measures to take which will prevent cockroaches from coming with you
- Check all entry points: Before starting packing up your belongings, don’t forget to check the house for common entry points from where cockroaches can invade. Don’t ignore or overlook cracks and crevices near doorways and windows. Because these can encourage the insects to enter your home. Use caulk or another sealant to close these gaps. It will also prevent new cockroaches to enter your home.
- Use the right packing materials: cardboard boxes are favourite places for cockroaches to hide. They notorious creatures can easily adjust between the corrugation and crevices inside the cardboard. So, you should use a plastic tub to pack your belongings. These tubs come with lids that allow them to be securely sealed. Moreover, they don’t get any extra space inside this tub to hide. But if you need to use cardboard boxes, shake them out and inspect them thoroughly before placing your items inside. Don’t store packing boxes in a darkened room. You should try to dispatch these boxes immediately after packing.
- Wash your clothes and linens: Though roaches are not commonly found in clothes and garments, still, you should pay attention to it. Before shifting, wash your cloth items in warm water to remove any insects or eggs which can be present. You should also pack them in sealed plastic containers. You can even keep them inside vacuum-sealed plastic bags. If you are moving furniture or fabric like curtains, you should vacuum them before packing.
- Check your mattress: Though mattresses are not favourite places for roaches, still they can hide in or near furniture, including your bed. When you are removing your mattress, dismantle your bed and then move it. Check everything carefully to find out any sign of roaches. If you found roaches infestation, remove the item and sanitize it if required.
- Clean your kitchen items: Kitchens are one of the favourite places for cockroaches in your home. Because it has all the qualities which roaches are looking for. It has moisture, shady cabinets and abundant sources of food in the form of crumbs and even trash. Before packing, take out all your pots, pans, and other utensils and wash everything properly. Popular kitchen appliances like toasters, microwaves and toaster ovens, can also attract cockroaches. If required, keep them in plastic bags and pack them separately.
When to call a professional?
Sometimes, after taking all the necessary steps, the accidental transporting of pests can happen. To avoid this, you should contact a professional cockroach control Toronto. The professionals will inspect your home before you move into the new home. A cockroach terminator Toronto company can inspect and treat both your residence and will help you in preventing cockroaches from thwarting your move.
Pestisect Pest Control is an established pest control company in Toronto. This company helps you in preventing cockroaches from entering your new home. The company is thronged with a team of sagacious and professional cockroach exterminators who will help you in controlling and eliminating cockroaches from your home
To destroy cockroaches completely from your home and make your new home cockroach-free, just reach this company or you can visit the website of the company.