Carpenter Ants Removal in Toronto
Do you think you might be having a Carpenter Ant infestation? Carpenter Ants are some of the biggest ants in North America. They have a painful bite and can cause a lot of damage to wooden structures. Dealing with these critters can be bothersome, and this article will help if you’re looking for Ants Pest Control. Toronto can be particularly affected by Carpenter Ant infestation due to wooded areas nearby and the presence of ornamental trees.
How to identify the Carpenter Ants infestation?
The ability to identify carpenter ants and tell if they are different from other species is the first step to knowing if you have an infestation or not.
The different ways to identify them are –
- See Their Color – These ants most often have black or brown coloration.
- Note Their Size – Soldier ants might be ½” long. Workers are often ¼” long.
- Check For Rounded Thorax – The thorax is the middle segment of an ant, between its head and abdomen. Carpenter Ants have a rounded thorax, and their upper surfaces are evenly rounded.
- Check The Waist And Antenna – The waist or midsection of Carpenter Ants has a pinched or slim look. Their antennas are bent. These features help distinguish them from termites that have broad waists and straight antenna.
- Check For Frass – Carpenter Ants leave wood shavings, which look like pencil shavings, near the areas they infest. They do not consume wood but rather burrow into it. Frass has a mixture of dead ants, parts of insects, and sawdust. The sawdust is fibrous, and not six-sided in shape like dry wood termite pellets.
- Tap Your Walls – Tapping your wall can disturb the nest of the ants and cause them to get agitated. This action will allow you to hear them and make out the infestation.
The Life-Cycle of Carpenter Ants
Understanding the life-cycle of carpenter can help prevent the pests from taking a hold on your property. The life-cycle can be seen in terms of behavior, habitat, diet, and reproduction.
- Behavior – The ants come inside houses looking for places to build their nests. They are attracted to moisture and can often be found in bathrooms. Indoor nests are usually signs that there is a more massive central nest outdoors that needs to be eliminated.
- Habitat – Carpenter Ants burrow into moist wood and can live in places like trees, both dead and alive, wood stocks, and landscaping resources.
- Diet – Carpenter Ants eat material such as insects that are both dead and alive. They also forage for flower nectar, juices of fruits, and sweet honeydew that some insects excrete.
- Reproduction – Passenger ants that are in the reproductive phase are winged. They abandon nests and perform mating flights in springtime. Males die after the flight, and the queens look for nests in wooded areas where they dig out resting places and lay their eggs. The growth of a colony is slow, and it can take many years to complete a cycle and begin the reproductive phase again.
How To Understand How Serious The Infestation Is
You can tell the severity of a Carpenter ant infestation by the amount of damage it causes to property. Although the ants don’t eat wood as termites do, they excavate wood and create their nesting places. Such nests can often damage the structural integrity of a building. Doors, windows, insulation, and such areas often have woodpiles near them with Frass. Inspection can tell if the damage is severe, and big colonies have sprawling tunneled systems. Carpenter ants polish the wood and make it look smooth inside, and holes in the wood can be found. Infestations can sometimes be heard by gently tapping the structure.
A Few Tips To Prevent Carpenter Ant Infestation
- Branches and bushes near your building should be trimmed to prevent access
- Places through which ants can enter the structure, such as utility lines, should be well sealed.
- Mulch is particularly attractive to ants. If possible, you should reduce it to three inches around the building limits.
- If possible, structural wooden elements should not have contact with the earth.
- Damaged wooden elements should be repaired. Wood should not be allowed to remain in a moist or decayed state.
- Increasing ventilation or sunlight to usually damp areas such as attics or basements can help.
- Food sources inside the building can be removed. Ants are attracted to sweet things.
Pestisect aims to offer the Best Carpenter Ants Exterminator Toronto services that eliminates adverse health issues, diseases and irritation consequences and dissatisfaction amongst work employees, these reactions and consequences may be controlled by regular usage of powders or aerosols that are easily accessible from local markets however Pestisect is a leading name in insect control that offers the best ant pest control Toronto to eliminate and prevent infestation. The ants carry problems and infestation effects that may become deadly and dangerous in case of disease infliction.
Pestisect Pest Control Brampton, Mississauga, Toronto is one of the top leading pest control company serving in Toronto, GTA and Surrounding Areas. Pestisect is among the best pest control companies in Toronto that can help you get rid of bugs and critters that can create unsanitary conditions and threaten to damage your home. The friendly and professional technicians at Pestisect are ready to assist you with pest problems of Bed Bugs, Cockroaches, Rats, Mice, Ants, Spiders, Centipedes, Millipedes, Wasps, Bees, Hornet, Flies, from your home or property. It is important for everybody to live in a happy and healthy environment without exposure to diseases which can be present from various pests.
Pestisect Pest Control Brampton, Mississauga, Toronto provides services in residential, commercial and industrial sector. We inspect, analyze and implement best techniques to reduce and eliminate quantity of different pests and helping our clients to keep away the pest from their premises. Pestisect always monitor activity of the pests and do necessary for future prevention. we always flexible on our schedule with clients. Pestisect is happy to help you regarding your pest issues
Household pests are threats to your property and health, Pests can cause diseases, discomfort and social embarrassment.
Pestisect offer fast, effective and reliable pest control services for your business based on a detailed on-site inspection.
As a reputed provider of industrial pest control services, our custom pest management solutions will provide solution to get rid of pests.
Why Choose us?
In order to overcome these issues, Pestisect Pest Control uses the best Ministry approved chemicals to resolve pest problems with INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT concept. Our technicians always determine level of infestation then apply chemicals accordingly. Pestisect Pest Control will never use harmful chemicals which affect the surrounding and the environment, ensuring that your health will not be compromised. Pestisect Pest Control will help you receive the effective Pest Control that you need to make your home and commercial sites safe and infestation free.
Pestisect technician showed up same day on time at my door within few hours of booking appointment. He was very polite and friendly. He answered all my questions and I left my house feeling confident that the problem would be well taken care of. I received a call when he was done and another follow up call the next day to insure everything went well. I would definitely recommend. Thank you.
I saw few roaches in my apartment. We had many times treatment from management approved company. We were not satisfied and decided to go on our own. We hired Pestisect. Tech explained everything before treatment. Now we didn’t see any roaches from last two months. Thanks to Pestisect.
Called Pestisect Pest Control for removal of a nest from tree. Tech was very professional and honest. He removed nest and sprayed some chemical so they not come back. I would use them again if needed and recommend to friends.
AREAS WE SERVICE
- Richmond Hill
Feel free to call us directly or simply complete our form below and we will follow up with you.
Here are four things that should worry you when you doubt there is an infestation of the carpenter ant:
- Notice ants straying around your home
- You did notice a nest of carpenter ants outside your house.
- Observed so many ants eating leftover food
- Ants eating food on your pet’s food bowl
Seek the assistance of a carpenter ant pest control if you want to get rid of them.
The quickest way to kill the carpenter ants is to mix boric acid with powdered sugar. If you are using 2/3 boric acid, you should use 1/3 sugar. Mix the mixture and then spray it near the carpenter ants nest. Ants that are returning to the nest will die in it after returning. If this does not work, plan to use a pest control company that is having expertise in carpenter ant extermination.
Carpenter ants love woods that is moist and decaying. Plan to check for chimneys, wooden windows, and doorframes that are old and damaged. Sometimes, you can find their nest in cracks of the walls and near the sinks where the water is abundant.
Vinegar is undoubtedly the most effective ants repeller solution. The Carpenter ants do not like the smell of it. If you are planning to use it, plan to mix for 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of water. Besides, the regular vinegar, people should also use apple cider vinegar.
Yes, if you do notice a red or black ant that has a single node right near its thorax and abdomen, it is something that you should worry about immediately. It should sound an alarm as the carpenter ants might be infesting your home. They do not always feed food at your home when they are infesting your residence.
If there are multiple times the ant’s infestation did occur in your home and you are unable to get rid of them using DYI projects, you should plan on contacting carpenter ant pest control. They will know how to assist you the best.
Carpenter ants do not eat wood, but they will damage them in the process of making their nest. If you have noticed them at your home, you should plan on using a carpenter ant extermination company. You should use a company that has expertise in carpenter ant removal.