What they Eat?
Ants feed on protein and sugar, sweet material, grease and oil, plant materials and occasionally household food items. Some ants like to eat insects too.
Where they Live?
Ants form colonies in different places like exterior walls, walls, attic, warm and moist areas, wall or floor junctions. In search of food and water they travel considerable distance from their colonies. Some ants attracted to buildings because of the warm, damp conditions can be found easily by kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms. Their presence does not necessarily mean unclean conditions exist.
Types of damages by Ants
Some ants contaminate food, dames the structure and damages the wood by boring. Some ants transmit infection because of attraction to blood and body fluids.
How can I get rid of Ants?
- Clean up spills immediately. Do not leave pet water and food out 24 hours a day.
- Regularly clean dark and/or damp areas close to a food.
- Store garbage in sealed plastic containers and dispose of it daily.
- Repair leaky faucets and pipes.
- Branches and bushes near your building should be trimmed to prevent access.
- Places through which ants can enter the structure, such as utility lines, should be well sealed
- Mulch is particularly attractive to ants. If possible, you should reduce it to three inches around the building limits.
- If possible, structural wooden elements should not have contact with the earth.
- Damaged wooden elements should be repaired. Wood should not be allowed to remain in a moist or decayed state.
- Increasing ventilation or sunlight to usually damp areas such as attics or basements can help.
Ant Infestation in Residential and Commercial Footings
Many of clients and commercial owners are seen stressed and caught up with the issue of ant invasion and infestation at
homes and in commercial premises. Owners usually complain of Ants, roaches and spider infestation at their local areas
and work settings. Many clients come to Pestisect Pest Control Brampton, Mississauga, Toronto experts seeking intervention and prevention against ant
infestation in their homes as they are of the view that their cupboards and bathrooms are always infested with ants
which affect their lifestyle and wellbeing at homes and at work front.
[show_more more=”Read More” less=”Read Less”]
Ant Infestation Prevention Measures
Many people become so stressed due to ant that they believe in killing of these pest as soon as they are seen scouting
for food, leaving nests, others prefer the use of insecticidal sprays so that the harmful and adverse effects of insects
and ants may be avoided therefore many clients may use household cleaners as a means to overcome Ant infestation in
hopes that adverse and ill effects on health may be prevented and diseases may be cured
Ant Prevention and Precautionary Measures
Ants are generally seen through cracks on windows and paint areas , invading gaps, pipes, sinks, and cracks in walls,
cabinets and kitchen areas , these pests are seen mounting through all areas and places along with fixtures creating
unsanitary conditions and health issues amongst employees. Many clients are believed to deal with weather stripping to
keep ants and bug infestation away from the household.
Ant Prevention Steps
- Inspect the ant scouting hangout and mounting
- Destroy water sources that are inviting to ants
- Eliminate food resources, gaps, and cracks that serve as threat
- Eliminate access points that may lead to adverse consequences
- Use insecticidal sprays and if still consequences become unbearable then professional help may be hired to
combat the infestation